Friday, October 16, 2009

Mid October

realize I don't write as often as I should. I justify the way this had played out through the ideology that I feel that not enough people read this, so, in the total end, we are even. In any case I figure now would be a good time to try and throw some words in about what im up and such. Tomorrow I leave for Egypt and will be there basically until the end of the month. For the most part every weekend in Novemeber I have something planned, usully I am out of town. Once I return from Egypt I will have roughly 7 weeks left and will be busy, but not enough for it to be a health inflicting problem. I am around the half-way point of my time here right now, but Egypt will make things go much faster. We intend to visit Cairo, Mt. Sinai, Alexandria and Luxor in our time there. In any case my internship is going well, we are planning huge event and im on a small task force assigned to do so, we are making great progress. The biggest issue will be coming soon, since there are 3 main prople on the assignment and I will be gone the next 2 weeks, and 1 other member will be leaving in november for about 2 weeks so we will be a little shorthanded for a while. My internship here is with the West Africa Aids Foundation and the event we are planning is a huge concert/drama/testimonial in regard to world aids day (december 1st, however out event will take place the saturday before, the 28th). In any case I have to sign off now, I hear great stories and experience a variety of ifferent things, but writing about them is not the same. I can tell stories, those perhaps will paint the pictures much better than hollow words on a computer screen. Having said that I have many stories and am currently collecting more, so that I may appease my audiences of those back home, and enlighten them to the structure, society and overall world of Africa. Take care all, I will write once more upon my arrival back to Ghana.

1 comment:

  1. Tom, I'm glad you're having a good time and keeping busy, it's been so weird not seeing people from home. I value the time I get to talk to you though, and I remember what a good friend you are to me. I absolutely cannot wait to see you when you come home... we will bother be celebrating a "homecoming". I hope your time goes by quickly, and you make the most of it. Be safe, have fun (:

    ReplyDelete