Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Within The Country

I have been in Africa for a few days now and im getting used to it. There are walls, barbed wire and security guards in many areas, and it is not safe to go out at night. In short it is no too different from Detroit. So far here I have already seen a fight between locals, people begging for food and a man urinating in open public. This only assures me more that we are not so different. The house we stay at has all of the above secutiry precausitons as well, which it would appear seems greatly in our favor. We start classes next week, as for now we are part of a week long orientation process to the city and the local customs and language. We have a good deal of free time, and it seems the 9 of us are getting to know each other quite well. The staff still mixes up names, and we still mix up or totally destroy theirs so for now we are even. Well time is short so im off again, I feel as though I bored people as it would appear most of my friends and colleagues want me to capture or kill Rhino and I have not even yet seen one. Anywho take care all, you'll hear from me again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment