Monday, August 24, 2009

1 week

Today marks 1 week since I have arrived. I will be learning about my internship today, which as far as I can tell I will be part of the West African Aids Foundation. What I will be doing is still unknown. Classes will start in two days, so after this week I should have a good idea of what to expect academically for the duration of the semester. I miss people back home, life, parties, bowling, not spicy food, hot water and other things but I am dealing accordingly here. I am having fun and getting a good experience out of it. Currently it is the coolest month here, and it is still always short weather, it will be getting progressively hotter. Essentially that entails me leaving Ghana on a hotter month to go to Michigan where it is one of the coldest months. There will be a good 70 or so degree change from the day I leave here to when I arive home. Yay. Yesterday we wenty to a mall. Overpriced (even by our standards back home) but it was the closest thing I found to stores like home. It also seemed most people there were not from the area, many arabic and whites were wandering around, so I was sure it was a tourist attraction or at least a place where many people there were new to the area or just exploring the 3rd worlds attempt at 1st world standards. They even have a movie theatre in there, 6 movies are offerted and they are not too far behind the US. I intend to see a few movies while here, it should be nice. Slowly but surely I am getting to know people. I want to meet more people in government but it seems people not only are not involved but have no political nature but to find someone who wont screw them over. perhaps its just the people ive met so far. In any case I must be off now, to learn of my internship. Take care everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment